Friday, 4 February 2011

Big Dan boost for Celtic... - Glasgow Evening Times

{

Daniel Majstorovic is on course to be fit for Celtic’s Scottish Cup showdown with Rangers at Ibrox on Sunday.

The Swedish defender has declared himself raring to go for the crunch clash after coming through training unscathed at Lennoxtown this week.

The centre-half’s involvement in the Glasgow derby match had been in doubt due to the hamstring injury he picked up last month.

However, Majstorovic today revealed he is optimistic about starting for Neil Lennon’s side in their third meeting of the season with Walter Smith’s men.

Fellow Scandinavian stopper Thomas Rogne has also predicted he will have shrugged off the calf strain he picked up against Aberdeen last weekend in time to face Rangers. The news is a massive boost to the Parkhead club’s chances of recording their second straight win over their Ibrox rivals.

Lennon was forced to field full-backs Charlie Mulgrew and Mark Wilson in the middle of his back four in the SPL game against Aberdeen at Pittodrie on Tuesday.

He said: “I’m getting better and I’m back on track. I’ve had good training and after today and tomorrow we’ll see what is going to happen for Sunday.

“I’m not used to this, it’s my first injury for a long time. But I’m feeling good now.

“We just need to be careful not to take any risks. This will be a very important game for us, it’s one of our targets for the season.

“I played in big derbies in Greece, but in those matches it was home fans only because it is too dangerous, that’s a big difference at Celtic-Rangers games.”

However, Majstorovic has backed Mulgrew and Wilson to do a job for Celtic if he and Rogne fail to recover in time. He added: “Charlie and Mark don’t play regularly in central defence, so I was a bit wary on Tuesday night, but they played really well.”

Meanwhile, Rogne is prepared to let adrenalin take him through the match even if he isn’t 100 per cent fit. The Norwegian said: “It’s getting better by the day,

“If it keeps on going like this, hopefully I am able to play.

“In these games if you’re not 100% fit in your body you’re always going to get your mind into the game so your adrenalin will keep you fine.

“I’m not sure you have to be 100% – because it’s such a massive game you are really up for it.”




Agences de presses

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

nemdil welcome

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web counter

WWW.CSCONSTANTINE.COM