Wednesday 16 February 2011

Soderling defends title - SkySports

{ Last updated: 13th February 2011   Subscribe to RSS Feed

Soderling defends title Soderling: Back-to-back titles

Top seed Robin Soderling made a successful defence of his ABN Amro World Tennis Tournament on Sunday, beating Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 6-3 3-6 6-3.

The world number four continued his dominance against the Frenchman, as he made it four wins in as many matches while dropping his first set in the series.

Tsonga, playing in his first final since October 2009 following a series of injuries, out-aced his opponent 20-12 in a serve-dominated match, but the Swede's consistency proved decisive in the end.

Soderling broke immediately to lead 2-0 but Tsonga levelled at 3-3 before a further break in the eighth game gave the Swede the upper hand.

He served out the set but Tsonga quickly forged into a 5-2 lead in the second set on the way to levelling the match.

The decider was a keenly fought affair but it was Soderling who earned the crucial break of serve in the eighth game, and he duly served out for the match.

"It has been a tough week as defending your title always gives some extra pressure... I played some close games but the margins have been on my side," he said.

"With three finals and two wins in Rotterdam I can say that I like it here and that the circumstances suit my game."

The Frenchman was content with his week and said he now feels that his tennis - stalled in 2010 with various injuries - has been re-born.

"I played a good match, in fact, it was my best of the week," he said. "I got better with each match this week, I'm pleased with the state of my game.

"I played well but Robin was too strong, especially at the end of the match. I'll take confidence form this match into Marseille next week and then hopefully into the Davis Cup."

Click Here for Your Free Bet


Agences de presses

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

nemdil welcome

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web counter

WWW.CSCONSTANTINE.COM