Friday 18 February 2011

Wood ready for Cardiff cauldron - SkySports

{ Last updated: 2nd February 2011  

Wood ready for Cardiff cauldron Tom Wood: excited

Northampton flanker Tom Wood is relishing the opportunity to make his England debut at the Millennium Stadium on Friday night - dubbed by Martin Johnson as the Six Nations' most intimidating venue for an away side.

England have not won in Cardiff since 2003 when Johnson himself was skipper, but new boy Wood is far from fazed by the prospect of playing in front of the Welsh crowd.

"I am really excited," he told Sky Sports News. "There's no better place to make your debut. I'd rather be thrown in at the deap end that way and just try and hit the ground running.

"I just want to get there as quickly as possible now. I'm a little bit anxious, so the quicker the game kicks off, the better for me."

The 24-year-old 6ft 5in forward was given the news of his call-up by Johnson at England's training camp in Portugal last week.

"It took a while to wipe the smile off my face, I think it's still there now. I am still pinching myself," he admitted. "I think you have to, especially when you are around some of the guys - World Cup winners, Lions players.

"It is a big environment to be involved with. But also I think you've got to acclimatise really quickly because I need to be a part of it now."

Wood impressed Johnson by his attitude after joining up with the senior squad from the Saxons following injuries to Lewis Moody and Tom Croft.

Wood added: "I just dived in head first. I don't think that was any surprise to people who know me. That is the only way I know, so I just got stuck into the training, got my head down and worked hard and it's obviously made a reasonable impression."

Wales vs England. Click here to bet.


Agences de presses

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

nemdil welcome

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web counter

WWW.CSCONSTANTINE.COM