Thursday 17 February 2011

Inter Coach Leonardo: Samuel Eto'o Did Not Cost Us The Derby D'Italia (Goal.com)

Inter coach Leonardo has defended striker Samuel Eto'o after the Nerazzurri's 1-0 defeat to Juventus on Sunday evening.

The Cameroon international missed a sitter from five yards in the 89th minute, and there have been suggestions that it was the 29-year-old who cost Inter the Derby d'Italia.

"It takes a brave man to criticise Eto'o, he's scored 27 goals," the Brazilian tactician pointed out to fifa.com.

“It can happen that in one second he doesn't find the right space or contact but talking about an Eto'o problem that doesn't exist, I can't believe someone can get knocked down for something like that.

"It seems to me as if it's an attack against Inter, as if they [the critics] were waiting for us to lose a game."

Leonardo went on to insist that Inter's Scudetto challenge is not over.

"Everything is still open, no-one can claim to have won. We're playing well and we're the best team in the world. I can't get involved in these dramas, either accept me as I am or leave me alone."

The Brazilian continued, "Often people exaggerate, I'm asking for a bit of coherence. I defend the team, talking about me won't change much.

“It makes me angry to hear people talk about this team as they have been, there's no [Diego] Milito issue or Eto'o issue or an issue with anyone, I can't accept this.

"I don't intend to hide a problem, we struggled also against Palermo but look at the numbers," he added. "I would sign on the dotted line for seven wins in our next nine matches, I'd like to see where we will be and where the others will be."

Follow Goal.com on Leonardo has defended Eto'o after his astonishing miss against Juventus. to get the latest soccer news directly. Check out Goal.com's Leonardo has defended Eto'o after his astonishing miss against Juventus.




Agences de presses

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

nemdil welcome

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web counter

WWW.CSCONSTANTINE.COM