Friday 25 February 2011

Rangers' Ness hopes Diouf can shine in Celtic clash - stv.tv

{ Rangers’ Ness hopes Diouf can shine in Celtic clash New Boy: Diouf applaudes Ibrox fans after 1-0 victory over Hearts Pic: ©SNS Group

Rangers midfielder Jamie Ness has backed new signing El-Hadji Diouf to be a strong force for the Ibrox side and hopes the forward can have big part to play in the Old Firm derby on Sunday.

Diouf, who joined on loan from Blackburn on the transfer deadline day, made his debut for Rangers when he was brought on from the bench after 20 minutes in Wednesday’s 1-0 win over Hearts.

Ness admitted he was impressed by the Senegalese’s performance and expects big things from his new team mate.

"It was difficult for him as I don't think he expected to come on so early," said the 19-year-old.

"But he showed some good touches and I think he will only get better and be a really good player for us."

Diouf, who was widely criticised for spitting at a Celtic fan in 2003, could feature in the fifth round match against the Hoops and Ness believes he has the potential to have a huge impact on the match.

He added: “[Diouf's] obviously got the quality so, if he's playing, hopefully he will be able to do something for us."

Ness is looking to secure a foothold in Walter Smith’s side himself after making his starting debut in the New Year Old Firm game. He hopes his recent performance have done enough to feature in Smith’s plans.

"Hopefully I'll be involved. I always want to play and hopefully the gaffer will think I've done enough to merit a place,” he said.

"I've trained with the first team boys regularly for almost two years so I know everyone really well and I know everyone's game well and I think that has helped me a lot."

RANGERS NEWS:




Agences de presses

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

nemdil welcome

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web counter

WWW.CSCONSTANTINE.COM