Monday 21 February 2011

Report: Cisse says he was racially abused by fans (AP)

PARIS (AP)—Panathinaikos striker Djibril Cisse will leave the Greek club in the offseason because he has been racially abused by fans this season.

In an interview with sports daily L’Equipe on Monday, Cisse spoke of how he fears the Greek league is becoming increasingly hostile.

“This season the atmosphere in the stands has got worse. Twice already, I have been the victim of monkey chants, of racist insults. It was the same thing again on Saturday night,” Cisse told L’Equipe. “They managed to get inflatable bananas (into the stadium) that they were shaking around every time I touched the ball.”

After Panathinaikos lost 2-1 to league leader Olympiakos in a heated match on Saturday, Cisse announced he would leave even though he has a contract until 2013.

“This summer I’m leaving, that’s for sure. It’s impossible for me here,” Cisse said. “Even though the Pana fans are fantastic, even though the club is great, I don’t want to play in this league any more.”

Cisse was one of four Panathinaikos players who were attacked as fans swarmed onto the field after the final whistle. He recalls a dozen or so fans charging at him.

“I was their target. Some of them hit me and I retaliated to defend myself,” Cisse said. “It’s a disgrace. I’m not going to let things lie. This week, I will make a complaint to UEFA and I can tell you I won’t drop it.”

Cisse, who has scored 41 goals in 49 league games for Panathinaikos, is adamant he will not change his mind.

Panathinaikos had a goal disallowed for offside with the score level at 1-1. Replay showed that it was a refereeing mistake.

Olympiakos president Vangelis Marinakis was involved in a shouting match with Panathinaikos players, and Cisse said he heard Marinakis using an expletive to describe how they had lost the match.




Agences de presses

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

nemdil welcome

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web counter

WWW.CSCONSTANTINE.COM